Recently Ultra Consultants had the chance to catch up with Joe Scioscia, VP of Sales at VAI, an enterprise management software provider. We wanted to learn more about VAI and understand where it fits best in the ERP midmarket.
For starters, VAI is an IBM Premier Business Partner and the 2012 IBM Beacon Award Winner for Outstanding Solutions for Midsize Businesses. Headquartered in Long Island, New York, VAI has 140 employees located out of offices in New York, Florida, Illinois, and California. The company is over 30 years old having been founded by Bob Vormittag in 1978.
VAI sells primarily to North American based companies but also has customers/prospects in the Caribbean and UK. VAI’s flagship product, S2K Enterprise Software, is used by over 7,500 companies who range in annual revenues from $25 Million up to almost $2 Billion. Their “sweet spot” is companies between $50 Million to $250 Million companies.
VAI’s Customers Markets
- Distribution – 60%
- Manufacturing – 35%
- Retail – 5%
S2K Enterprise Software Suite
- S2K Enterprise – aimed at durable goods companies
- S2K for Food – aimed at food industry manufacturers and distributors
The IBM Brand Gives the VAI Some Noteworthy Advantages
- VAI can easily bundle IBM hardware into the solution
- VAI has embedded IBM’s Cognos (S2K Analytics) metadata and BI solution into its product
- S2K Enterprise e-commerce is built portal technology which can enable customer Web-commerce and Sales Force
- VAI can bundle the entire solution into an IBM financing package with low finance rate, and low monthly payments
The VAI solution is available on premise and in the cloud. It’s fully integrated and provides up-to-date data any time, any where.
As we discussed solution pricing, it became apparent that the company provides one of the most affordable ERP software solutions in the mid-market.