500 Oracle Parkway
Redwood Shores, CA 94065
Oracle was founded by Larry Ellison almost 30 years ago with a prototype for a relational database. It was not until 1992 that the company began to offer application software to the ERP implementation market.
Headquartered in Redwood Shores, California and employing approximately 108,000 people worldwide as of 31 May 2011, it has enlarged its share of the software market through organic growth and a number of high-profile acquisitions. By 2007, Oracle had the third-largest software revenue, after Microsoft and IBM.
The company also builds tools for database development and systems of middle-tier software, enterprise resource planning software (ERP), customer relationship management software (CRM) and supply chain management (SCM) software.
Selected Oracle Acquisitions
Oracle has made the following significant application acquisitions:
- BluKai (February 2014, cloud-based data management platform)
- Corente (January 2014, SDN technology)
- Responsys (December 2013, cloud-based B2C marketing software)
- Tekelec (March 2013, network signaling, policy control, subscriber data management solutions)
- Acme Packet (Feburary 2013, border control technology)
- Eloqua (December 2012, cloud-based marketing and performance management software)
- Instantis (November 2012, project portfolio management)
- Hyperion – March 2007
- Agile – 2007
- Siebel – January 2006
- Demantra – June 2006 (Forecasting/Demand Planning)
- Peoplesoft – January 2005 (which owned J.D. Edwards)
- Retek – August 2005 (Retail industry solution)
Oracle Corporation Financial Information for the Prior Fiscal Year
|Total Revenue||License Fees||Services||Support||R&D Expense||Profit|
Financial period ending 05/31/15.
Oracle Corporation Financial Information for the Prior Period
|Total Revenue||License Fees||Service||Support||R&D Expense||Profit|
Financial period ending 2/29/16.
- Consumer Goods
- Financial Services
- High Tech
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Life Sciences
- Natural Resources
- Oil and Gas
- Professional Services
- Public Sector
- Retail Utilities
ERP Software Products
The primary products marketed to manufacturing companies by Oracle include:
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle EnterpriseOne
- Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS/ e-BS) Release 11i/12 (R12) — a bundling of several Oracle Applications in February 2007. The release date coincided with new releases of other Oracle-owned products: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Siebel Systems and PeopleSoft. Suite.
- Oracle Solaris 11.2
- Oracle Eloqua for Manufacturing
- Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) System 188.8.131.52.5 and mobile capabilities
- Oracle ERP Cloud
- Oracle Fusion
Oracle markets their solutions through a combination of direct sales, partner networks, and a collaborative approach that leverages both channels. The Partner Channel will sell and implement organizations below a set revenue amount. The Direct Sales organization will drive the sales effort for companies exceeding $100m in annual revenues while companies below $100M will work with business partners.
Oracle’s Main Office in the Midwest is located at:
Willis Tower, 233 South Wacker Dr. 45th Floor Chicago, IL 60606
Other offices can be found at: http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/contact/united-states-offices-070512.html