In today’s technology world, ERP contracts and prices are still very complex. With experience in hundreds of projects, Ultra Consultants has the experience to assist all of our clients with contract and prices.
Ultra Can Help Navigate You Through Your ERP Contract Negotiations
Early in our projects we help our clients establish the correct budget for Business Process Improvement, an ERP, or a BI project. During the project we help our clients evaluate ERP vendor proposals. Towards the end of the project, Ultra assists with the negotiating phase by:
- Comparing bids
- Establishing a negotiating team
- Establishing a negotiating target and strategy
- Assisting with contract review
- Assisting with negotiations
ERP projects include negotiations for:
- ERP software price and contract
- ERP annual maintenance price and contract
- ERP implementation vendor professional services price and agreement
- Implementation of ERP vendors “statement of work”
Ultra’s services ensure your organization is not overpaying for software, is buying the right software components, and that you are hiring an implementation team that can be successful. Our contract guidance supplements your legal counsel to make sure you are protected in the arrangement with your new ERP partner.
Guidelines for Effective ERP Contract Negotiations
- Timing is everything. Make sure you understand year-end and quarter-end for the final vendors.
- Make sure you have two finalists to enhance your leverage.
- Understand there are multiple points to discuss and negotiate in the final contracts and it would be wise to engage a trusted advisor to guide you through the maze of possibilities.
- Understand all the costs (hardware, database and middleware software etc.) prior to making any decisions.
- Have a final legal review prior to executing contracts.
- Establish point-to-point person(s) for the contract negotiations and instruct other team members not to discuss any details with any of the vendors.
Effective ERP Contract Negotiations for Faster ROI
Finalizing a final agreement with your selected ERP vendor can be a challenging proposition, and is one of the key tasks during ERP selection. Most companies have not structured or negotiated an agreement of this type in quite awhile or ever before.
Leading companies have found that teaming with Ultra makes all the difference in their success.
Rely on expert insight to help manage the expansive scope, strategic importance, and range of options during contract negotiations.
You can have confidence in success when working through the magnitude and complexity of these agreements. Our ERP selection team understands the totality of all the components and has a full understanding of the flexibility the respective vendors have in structuring the final agreement.
Many companies have contacted Ultra Consultants for this guidance. Please contact us to discuss how we might be able to guide you through the ERP selection process.