Comparing ERP vendors is a major activity in an ERP Selection Project. Many companies try to focus on feature comparison as their method to compare vendors. Today there are many websites and services that provide feature comparisons for free and for fee.
Feature comparison only tells part of the story when comparing ERP vendors.
Ultra’s ERP Comparison is Based on Five Criteria
- Company – understanding the size of the vendor, its resources, its, mission, markets served, and its direction in the market. Does this vendor have the resources to keep our company abreast of technology changes? Can this vendor be a great partner for the next 15 to 20 years?
- Technology – is the vendor’s technology direction in alignment with our client’s technology strategy?
- Function fit – evaluate how their software meets our client’s business process future state
- Support – understand how the vendor provides a support “ecosystem”: education, web site, user group, partners, consultants, industry focus groups, and other customers in our clients industry.
- Cost of ownership – evaluate the total cost of ownership over at least five years: license fee, annual fee, implementation fees, and internal support costs, ongoing internal and external costs.
Ultra delivers a “decision criteria” table that can be populated with facts and evaluations by the client team as they progress through the ERP selection project.