The ERP implementation project plan is a key element of the foundation of a successful ERP project.
Ultra Consultants begin the development of this plan in the vendor evaluation phase of an ERP Selection project. We work with the vendor implementation team and the client team to develop a detailed plan.
Key Parts to a ERP Implementation Plan
- Define the scope for each phase. What are the software processes that will be implemented in phase I and later phases?
- Construct the team and team responsibilities
- Who are the members of the client team?
- Who are the consultants from the vendor team?
- What are the responsibilities?
- Define the project methodology. What are the project phases, steps, and deliverables?
- Develop the project plan. Assign tasks and hours to resources, both client and vendor. Get agreement from both parties as to the effort required in all phases of the plan.
- Project assumptions
It is very important to get both vendor and team buy-in to the plan.
The components of the plan should be put in a formal statement of work that is agreed to by both vendor and client.