Manufacturers that team with Ultra Consultants benefit from our comprehensive and structured organizational change management approach to assist with the transition to a new system. The process of ERP evaluation, selection, and implementation is much more than a technology initiative. With Ultra’s Change Management services, manufacturing organizations gain much more than our ERP expertise – we integrate and align the people, processes, structures, and culture to the business strategy to ensure a successful implementation and transition to the new system.
Effective change management supplements traditional project management activities, which tend to focus on scope, timing and budget. Given the magnitude and complexity of the transition to new ERP, traditional project management methods alone are not sufficient. Companies work with Ultra for our expertise in change management and our distinct methodology phases:
- Ensure readiness for change
- Ensure project alignment
- Develop and manage project communication
- Develop and manage training
ERP and Change Management Services
Throughout the project, manufacturers tap into Ultra’s tools and activities to help manage change, including a “change readiness assessment” as part of a bi-weekly change management report. Key elements of the change readiness assessment include:
- Culture and Experience – “What systemic attitudes, aids, and impediments exist in the organization that are likely to impact the process of achieving change?”
- Policy, Process, Role, and Decision Making Clarity – “Is the organization prepared to function in a well-defined manner during and after the change?”
- Change Agenda – Scope of Change and Timeframes – “Is the organization prepared to absorb all of the prepared changes within the planned timeframe without creating overload risk?”
- Change Management Resource Capabilities – “Do the resources facilitating the change have the proper skills and experience to accomplish the change?”
- Leadership’s Capability of Supporting and Sponsoring Change – “How well is the organizational leadership leveraging experience to support the change effort?”
Change Management for Business Success
All in all, an ERP selection is a chance for a manufacturer to apply the needed resources for the implementation to make lasting business change. Companies turn to Ultra for the right approach to the team, the resources, and organizational commitment to ensure that staff can function as “change agents” within the company for lasting business process improvement.
Learn More about Change Management
Manufacturers benefit from Ultra’s change management expertise as a way to drive business process improvement. For further insight, download our in-depth white paper: A Roadmap for Business Performance Improvement.