Ultra has a proven methodology for the development of business process documentation. During a review of business processes, the following components are documented:
- Organization chart – identifies all of the users by business process category
- Discovery document – records information gained in business process interviews
- Business process organization map – identifies all the business process categories
- Business Process mapping – documents business process steps
- Business Process analysis – identifies problems and waste in current processes
When completed, the organization (management and key users) needs to review and approve the documentation.
ERP and Business Process Documentation
When it comes to ERP selection, business process documentation is essential to getting a clear view of current operations and assessing how modern ERP can help improve processes.
Effective business process documentation results in easy to understand documents that use recognized and understood images, drawings when helpful, and other ways to easily depict the documentation of tasks.
Flowcharts easily describe business processes, and visually describe essential tasks and workflow.
Checklists can also document the required steps of a task or process in the correct order.
Our structured process brings together owners and managers, as well as shop floor employees who keenly understand each step, time-saving shortcuts, and performance standards that apply to separate parts of the process.
The Ultra team produces documents that clearly depict how a process fits into the organization’s activity with specific details, technical specifications, and procedures.