The Business Intelligence Strategy (BI Strategy) addresses the needs of the organization to “improve access to information”
Business Intelligence or “access to information” is a key part of enhancing business process improvement and cultivating business performance. Better information leads to better decision making.
A new ERP system will not provide your company with a clear BI strategy. It holds the data and may have provided you with the software tools and canned reports, but not the strategy.
Core Elements of Business Intelligence Strategy
- Identification of the information needs
- Including key performance metrics
- The definition of the business view of information
- How will you look at information?
- What are the dimensions of the data?
- The identification of the source of information
- The selection of the technology to be used to support the BI plan
- The users
- The BI development plan
- The BI roll out plan
Often companies think they can wait for the new ERP system to get Business Intelligence. Instead companies should be getting BI first and then progressing to a new ERP system. Getting BI first enable a company to get “better access to information” now, begin to build a repository of history information, and reduce the ERP implementation effort.
Ultra Consultants BI services guide clients through the development and implementation of BI strategy.