A Business Intelligence project includes the development of the reporting system.
Ultra’s BI services include the development of the Business Intelligence system.
Components of Business Intelligence Development
- Identification of source data – Single or Multiple ERPs
- Development of scripts to extract data
- Design of the data repository (data mart or data warehouse) – can be a mirror of transaction or preferably, a star-schema design
- Development of scripts to transform and load the data into the repository
- Setup of the BI presentation tool, pointing the system at the data warehouse (i.e. metadata)
- Development of ERP reports, queries, analysis cubes, dashboards, and scorecards with the presentation tool
- Development of the ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) control logic
- Creation of Development, Test, Production environments with migration facilities
Development Phases of Business Intelligence Development Projects
- Requirement definition
With Ultra’s modern Business Intelligence training tools, BI systems can be developed and deployed rapidly. The time frame for a project will vary by scope.