Many of our clients are asking “What now?”
A recession is here. Spending budgets have been cut. What do we do now with our “out-dated” information system?
Consider the following ideas:
- Do not look at purchasing a new ERP system as a project by itself
- Understand that if you have an outdated system, you probably “waste” 2% to 5% of annual revenues due to outdated business processes
- Treat a business process improvement plan as an integral part of your business strategy
- Make business process improvements and related IT expenditures require an acceptable business case
- Appoint a Business Process Improvement Officer to work with the organization Business Process Owners
Take the time to analyze current systems, educate process owners on best practices, and build a long-term “business process improvement” plan that includes a vision of future processes that can be directly tied to business performance improvements.
Now is the time to build a BPI Plan that identifies and defines short term, mid and long term improvements that will lead to business performance improvement